United We Stand
“neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8: 39 NIV
The Past Week
This past week has been a week that words cannot describe. Hurricane Harvey has broken records that have stood for decades and impacted 54 counties in Texas and still affecting counties in Louisiana. This hurricane has displaced people and has claimed casualties. It has been a truly heartbreaking week. This past week has also seen many people come together to help others. People have stopped what they are doing and have driven down to Texas to help. To them, we say THANK YOU!
“not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interest of the others” Philippians 2: 4 NIV
Through the Storm
We may not understand why the storm hit, the amount of destruction, or why people lost their lives. Through this storm though we are seeing God’s hand play a major factor in helping people out. People all across the country are donating money, sending supplies, and showing up to help evacuate the city. Neighbors and strangers have been united through this storm. Differences and views have vanished as people come together to save the one thing that truly matters, people. We TRULY appreciate everyone that has volunteered and contributed to the relief efforts. We also TRULY appreciate all of the law enforcement, EMTs, and firefighters that have spent countless hours rescuing people.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1: 9 NIV
We ask for you to pray for Texas, Louisiana, and everyone that has been affected by Hurricane Harvey. For those that would like to give to help the relief efforts, here are several organizations that you can consider donating to:
- Second Baptist Church
- YouCaring: J.J. Watt’s Organization
- Houston’s First Baptist Church
- Red Cross
- Grunt Style: They have donated 9,000 hoodies and 9,000 shirts to Rockport, TX. In addition, each shirt or hoodie purchased online, $10 will be donated to Hurricane Harvey victims. Even though the campaign says 100%, they are still accepting and taking donations.
“And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Hebrews 13: 16 NIV
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15: 12 NIV
- Life Application Study Bible, New International Version. Grand Rapids, MI, Zondervan.
- Scripture take from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION ©. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.